Whether you are a Master Certified Coach or just starting your practice… whether you are an executive, life or business coach, or something in between… whether you are interested in adding coaching to your professional skill set, are simply curious about coaching, or are looking to hire a coach… ICF Houston Chapter is your best professional coaching resource!
ICF Houston Chapter is the local chapter of the International Coach Federation, the largest non-profit worldwide association of professional business and personal coaches. With more than 13,000 members in over 80 countries, and over 150 chapters in 42 countries, the ICF’s core purpose is to advance the art, science and practice of professional coaching.
Our vibrant ICF Houston Chapter community is buzzing with programs, possibilities, and connections to help you sustain yourself, your business, and the coaching profession. If you are seeking a coach, we have resources to help you better understand coaching and help you find a professional coach from our member directory. Please join our email list to find out about upcoming programs, meetings and events. Guests are always welcome!
Join Us For Our Upcoming Events!
Education Committee Event:
"Business Blueprint for Coaches"
3:00pm - 5:30pm
You love being a coach. And, you're very good at it... Congratulations! Yet you question the business side of things.
You constantly wonder:
• "What exactly should I be doing in order to grow my business?"
• "How do I best spend my time for maximum results?"
• "I hear about others earnings six figures... how do I do that?"
Well, wonder no more! You will learn exactly how to convert a 40 hour week into a thriving six figure per year business! You will learn:
• The "Big 8" ways to spend your time.
• How long exactly to spend in each area, including marketing and sales.
• What marking strategies to execute and why.
• Exactly how each of these strategies tie to six figure revenues per year.
• How exactly to integrate these strategies into your time management system.
• How to measure your results and fine-tune for never-ending performance improvement.
"Mastering the Sales Program"
6:00pm - 8:30pm
In this presentation, you will learn that there is but ONE reason for all your marketing efforts. And it's NOT TO GET CLIENTS. It's to secure consultations!
By the end of the session, you will know our proven and finely tuned 11-step system to master the Sales Process. And, opportunities for role play will be incorporated into the presentation so you can experience the challenges and triumphs of conducting an effective Complimentary Consultation.
What are the benefits of conducting a well thought-out and professionally executed Complimentary Consultation?
• It’s an opportunity for you to provide value.
• It’s an opportunity for the prospective client to experience your service.
• It’s an opportunity for the prospect to determine if they want to hire you.
• It’s an opportunity to determine if you want the person as a client.
You will learn the specific steps in creating a consultation schedule:
• The 3 keys to getting prospects to want a consultation.
• How long the consultation should last to benefit both you and the client.
• How EXACTLY to conduct a consultation.
• How to identify the three key persuaders that have people wanting to buy from you.
*You must register for these events separately.
PLEASE NOTE: CCEU certificates will be directly emailed to you after the event, so please make sure your email address on your houstoncoaches.com profile is up to date!
About Michael Charest
Michael Charest is a 14-year veteran business coach, consultant, author, and speaker. He is president of Business Growth Solutions; a company specializing in helping solo and micro business owners attract more clients, grow their business, and live the prosperous life they deserve! Michael held senior management positions with both Embassy Suites and American Golf Corporation, then founded two successful companies, (Coach & Grow Rich and Business Growth Solutions) so he understands first-hand, the struggles of the small business owner.
Michael's current speaking program focuses on sharing his knowledge and experience in starting a business, surviving in business, and how to sell and market yourself and your products in a successful, non-stressful, ethical, and dignified way.
Michael's passion is writing and speaking. He travels throughout the United States and internationally delivering high-energy, educational, inspirational, and humorous talks.
Message from our President
Welcome to the International Coaches Federation (ICF) Houston Chapter. The profession of coaching is expanding rapidly and the ICF Houston Chapter is leading the way by delivering innovative programs, educational events and networking opportunities for the professional coaching community and its sponsors. Our vision is simply to be The “Go To” resource for Houston area coaches.
Our 2013-2014 Goals align with our 3 year strategic plan to:
- Enhance the visibility of the ICF Houston Chapter and its members
- Add incremental value to our membership, sponsors and community
- Improve our internal processes to further enhance the ICF Houston Chapter experience
I would like to extend a warm thank you to Liz Plaster, our Past President, for all of her hard work and dedication these past two years. We all deeply appreciate her commitment of time, energy and passion to shaping the organization and her continued service to the coaching community.
We have a talented and committed board of directors along with an incredible spirit of volunteerism among our committee members that create and implement the ICF Houston Chapter experience. I am grateful to have the opportunity to serve as President this year and look forward to helping define and deliver the resources, tools and programs that will enable you to serve your clients more effectively. If you’re not a member yet, I invite you to join us in celebrating the profession of coaching and in pursuit of coaching excellence.
President, ICF Houston Chapter 2013-2014